Soul to Soul
In a few weeks, I'll be traveling to Portland to begin a journey that could change everything - or nothing. My trip to Portland actually started three years ago when I picked up a copy of the book, Blue Like Jazz at Half Price Books. I think I paid $3.98 for it. I laughed so hard I cried as I turned the pages. I loved how he loved Jesus. I loved his sense of humor. I loved his words. I loved that he told the truth. I was searching for a Jesus like this - one who loved without shame - one who accepted me as I am. With Donald Miller, my Jesus wasn't just mine - he was ours. I also liked that he wrote about things like penguin sex and confessional booths in reverse. This guy was a genius in a creative courageous way and I was hooked.
Soon, I'll meet him and I'll spend a few days with others who have the guts to ask the big questions. I'll also get to see my friends Tim and Jessica Mackie at their very first Sunday at their new church in Portland. I feel like God is making a way for a week that could change everything.
I thought I would share the promised take-aways with you here and just ask all of you to pray for me. I know that my circle of influence as a business owner, author and follower of Jesus is potentially BIG. I want to make my life count and I want to make an impact in more ways than one for His sake. Our God is very intentional. I'm there for a purpose and I just want to make the most of every minute.
I'll keep you posted via Soul to Soul and on Facebook. Thanks for lifting me up and being part of bringing me to this place.
From the Storyline Site:
Storyline is a life-planning system that employs the elements of story to help people understand and plan their lives.
As a process, Storyline is based on Viktor Frankl’s Logotherapy. Frankl, the psychologist credited with the third Viennese school of psychology after Freud and Adler posited the primary longing in man is for a sense of meaning. He developed Logotherapy as a way of helping clients experience meaning in their lives.
Frankl’s Logotherapy involves having a project to work on, somebody to share love with and a redemptive explanation for their suffering.
As a life-planning system, Storyline offers clients a formal guide through Logotherapy, thus increasing personal engagement, emotional wellbeing and increased productivity in meaningful work.
Clients who take the time to create their Storyline enjoy the following benefits:
• A character model based on existing heroes and influencers they can aim their personal evolution toward. (Increased self awareness. Personal vision.)
• A clear definition of the roles they are playing (and not playing) in life. (Increased self awareness. Clarity)
• A prioritized list of personal relationships. A relationship grid reminding them of social priorities and responsibilities. (Personal boundaries. Defined relational priorities.)
• Clearly defined ambitions within each role they play. (Personal goals. Personal vision.)
• A basic understanding of how they engage or avoid conflict. (Increased self awareness. Increased productivity. Increased anticipation of resistance.)
• A timeline of their back-story including all positive and negative turns. (Increased self awareness. Increased communication and understanding amongst team or family members.)
• A redemptive explanation for the conflicts they’ve encountered in life. (Increased emotional wellbeing. Increased overall optimism.)
• A final vision-casting grid that keeps them on track to tell a better story within each role they are playing in life. (Emotional wellbeing. Self awareness. Accountability. Increased productivity. Meaningful productivity.)
• A final report outlining their character ambitions, roles, goals for each role, anticipated conflict within each story, their personal conflict engagement style and pages of personalized material to guide and inspire each client through the execution of their stories.
• A shareable report (Online version only) to help teams increase productivity by building stronger relationships through greater knowledge of each individual.